2011 is shaping up rather nicely…
Every year I buy and play a lot of great games. 2010 was one of the best years for games that I can remember. Often a year will have a strong finish, but 2010 was great all the way through. Now that we are in 2011 there is still a lot of life in this generation of games and as a result there is a lot of games I am greatly anticipating! The following is a list of games that I am really looking forward to this year. This list is by no means complete as I may be forgetting several I already know about and many I am unaware of, but it is a glimpse into what we can look forward to in 2011:
- Child of Eden – From the makers of Rez, potentially Kinect’s killer app.
- Test Drive Unlimited 2 – The sequel to one of my favourite racers of all time!
- Homefront – Daring new FPS from the team that brought us Frontlines: Fuel of War.
- Spec Ops: The Line – Heart of Darkness retold via a third-person shooter in a sandstorm enveloped Dubai.
- XCOM – From the team that brought us BioShock 2, the classic turn-based strategy game becomes a FPS in the 1950’s with a unique mission structure.
- Forza Motorsport 4 – Sim-racing greatest developer now adds Kinect support!
- Gears of War 3 – The trilogy concludes with 4-player co-op!
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – There be dragons! Bethesda is in my opinion the best RPG developer on the planet, and will prove so once again.
- Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour – Kinect is the new home for the most notorious mech-piloting franchises in existence. From 40 buttons, 2 sticks, and 3 pedals to none!
- Rage – id Software takes us on their journey to post-apocalyptia!
- Portal 2 – Wonders what the wizards at Valve have in store for us.
- Bulletstorm – Will this swear-fest game come out of nowhere to impress the masses?
A lot of FPS’s for certain, but some other neat experiences as well. I wonder what other surprises 2011 will have in store beyond these 12? I can imagine a list just as long of games I have not mentioned, and E3 will be here before you know it.