The evolution of sim-racing continues…
The Spike VGA’s were not a complete waste of time last week as part of the program was used to announce that Forza Motorsport 4 will be arriving late next year on the Xbox 360! From the look of Turn 10’s announcement trailer, we can surmise that there may be some significant changes in store for Microsoft’s premier racer. Also Microsoft recently released Forza 3’s Ultimate Collection which I also added to my collection.
Upon quick review of the above video, Here is what will be, may be, and wish will be in Forza’s next incarnation:
- Kinect support: To what degree I am not certain, but I think we can count on viewing cars and a dedicated play mode.
What the video hints at:
- Pit Crew play: Long shot here, but wouldn’t a Kinect-based pit crew be fun? A little co-op team racing may be in order.
- Night Racing
- Changing weather conditions
- Rally! I would love to see Turn 10’s take on the sport
- Rattlesnake and Bull: ???
What I would like to see:
- Forza World: Not unlike Forge World in Halo Reach, but a large racing playground with different tracks, conditions, etc. where you and a group of friends can show your vehicles, set up races, and generally have fun! Think Test Drive Unlimited, but on a smaller scale.
I am sure the news will trickle out over the next several months with E3 being the big blow out on features. Stay tuned!
Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection
With the inclusion of the Top Gear brand, I could not resist adding Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection to my library. Yes I already own FM3, but there was still enough good reasons to add a duplicate to my collection:
All previously released DLC: A had a bit of this too, but it doesn’t hurt to have it all
Top Gear Theme and 90 minute Top Gear video!
The ability to play with my son over live rather than split-screen
As a result I have also recently been inspired to get the last achievement in FM3, but completing all the season races. It will likely take me until the release of Forza 4, but it will also keep me sharp!