- Race Rewind: We already knew about this one, but it does bear repeating. With a quick tap of your Back button you will be swept about 5 seconds into the past. Great feature for those last second crashes when you are on the final leg of an endurance run. Just don’t think you can use it in multiplayer.
- Clutch Racing: Want an even more authentic racing experience? Forza 3 introduces the ability to use a clutch when shifting gears. The Left Button and clutch pedal on the new Fanatec steering wheel will allow you to clutch and shift instead of the traditional one-touch control.
- Auto Brake: The feature that should be most responsible for bringing new gamers into the racing genre. How many times have you seen green racers grab the controller and smash head long into the first corner? The braking assist will help the new racer get accustomed to racing, all they need to do is focus on steering. I am hoping to get my young son in on the Forza action with a little help from the game.
- Auto Tune: Need to bring your D Class car up to an A Class in no time flat. Use the Auto tune to bring you car up to speed in a jiffy. Keep in mind it tunes it up to the top of the class, but it does not replace skilful and knowledgeable tuning. It merely helps us who want the tuning, but cannot afford the time investment. We want to race dammit!
- Drift Scoring: The drifting scene takes a huge leap forward in Forza 3. Me the best drifter and show it on the drifting leader boards!
- Multiplayer Party Hopper Matchmaking: Enjoy your matchmaking and multiplayer of games such as Halo 3 and CoD4. Forza 3 brings that same matchmaking ability to racing with its own servers, hosting different races on different tracks with different race types. Great for those who want to test their mettle with other racers from around the world without worrying who will host and how the game will be set up.
- Get Paid: Every race, be it online or local, career or versus, social or ranked, will earn you in-game credits used for upgrades, purchases, etc.
- You Are in the Movies: Robust film creation to highlight your favourite moments or vehicles. More on that at a later date
That is certainly a lot to chew on. Turn 10 still has a lot of announcements to make on their game in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
The Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Collector’s Edition (LCE) gives aspiring drivers, tuners and painters instant VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the new Storefront feature as well as the online Auction House, scoreboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more. As a VIP member, consumers gain exclusive access to five of the world’s hottest cars:
- 2009 Aston Martin DBS
- 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
- 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
- 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
- 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)
And if you crave cars, you won’t want to miss another perk of the “Forza Motorsport 3” LCE – an Exclusive Collector’s Car Pack, personally hand-picked, tuned and painted by the team at Turn 10:
- Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro (Forza Motorsport 3 Hero Car)
- Acura NSX (Forza Motorsport Cover Car)
- Nissan Fairlady (Forza Motorsport 2 Cover Car)
- Aston Martin DB9 (Forza Motorsport 2 European Cover Car)
- 2008 Dodge Charger Stock Car (with Xbox 360 livery)
In addition to the exclusive cars, Turn 10 also plans to create a series of new and exclusive designs and tuning kits exclusively for VIPs. And to show off your true “Forza Motorsport” pride and prowess, consumers also receive a Forza Motorsport 3 collector’s keychain and a 2GB USB thumbdrive in which you can store your favorite “Forza” videos, photos and designs to easily share them with friends.
Pre-Order Offer Update: Last but not least, the Forza Community has spoken, dubbing Midland, Michigan USA Forza fan Mark Van Dusen II’s custom painted Audi R8 V10 the official pre-order car for “Forza Motorsport 3.” After nearly 300,000 votes were tallied on Xbox LIVE, Mark’s unique design took the checkered flag and will be available as an exclusive download to those who pre-order “Forza Motorsport 3.
Turn 10 has really outdone themselves! I cannot wait to get my hands on it.