Accept no substitutes.
Between being sick and the absolute overload of info (thank you Xbox Live) from E3 I have finnaly found the stendth to return to the blogging biz. E3 was a crazy week with a lot to absorb, but if I was to some it up with a thought, I would have to say that Microsoft stole the show. From playable games, to new peripherals, to demos, trailers, and last but not least the introduction of Live Anywhere. LA will unite the 360 world, PC world, and the mobile world with your unique identity (Gamertag) unifying them all. More on LA in the near future.
Now I am probably not going to be able to tell you anything about E3 that you don’t know already, but I will bust out some thoughts on the week that was:
- Kudos to Microsoft for using the Marketplace to bring E3 to the masses! It was the next best thing to being there. Also thanks to the sponsors that allowed all Xbox Live members, Gold or Silver, to take part in the festivities. Just one more reason Xbox 360 is turning the tide.
- How many times have you watched the Halo 3 trailer? Already looking technically amazing and with hints of a story conclussion that will asuradly rock our collective worlds. Let the countdown begin.
- Staying with Halo 3, select media were taken on a fly-about of the trailer’s real-time geometry. Yes, that was in-game and they still have a year left of dev time.
- Finally got my Halo: The Graphic Novel ordered. I am looking forward to some all-new Halo material.
- UNO! Great XBLA game! Have you tried it yet? Remember, this game will be compatable with the upcoming amera peripheral.
- Did anyone see anything on the new content that is supposed to be available for GRAW?
- New Call of Duty 2 maps are now available. I great game has just gotten greater. 5 more will soon be made availble as well
- Quite surprised by the quality of Capcom’s demo for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. Could be a surprise hit. Played great even at this early stage.
- Fable 2, come home soon!
So much happened at E3 that I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I will try to keep up as best I can. Remeber to check back often to the Haunted House, you never know what you may find!